Last Updated on September 24, 2020
It is no secret that the markets are getting intensely competitive day by day. This is because of the technological advancements, globalization, and the ever-increasing needs and wants of customers.
However, the real question is, how do you make your products and services stand out in the eyes of your target audience? The simple yet interesting way of doing so is by increasing your online visibility and creating brand awareness, as they help encourage repeat purchases and result in incremental sales.
According to a study conducted by the Coca Cola Company, around 94 percent of the world’s population recognizes the Coca-Cola logo. Do you know why? This is because the company has managed to establish brand awareness and effectively build its online visibility.
Still, wondering how to go about it? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with this ultimate guide to increase online visibility and create brand awareness.
Here are the six striking yet straightforward, tried, and tested marketing strategies that can help you do the magic:
Strategy #1 Develop an Effective Brand Tone
It is no surprise that the brand voice has become more significant than ever as a means of standing out from the crowd of the digital cluster. To ensure that you have a compelling brand voice, the first step is to understand brand voice. In literal terms, brand voice is the distinct personality that a brand exhibits through its marketing communications.
For example, if you talk about the company FireBox, its brand voice can be described as creatively funny. The image below shows how the company’s website is presented in a catchy, light-hearted way.
Wondering how to develop an effective brand voice? Here are a few tips that can help you in establishing a brand voice that relates to your target audience:
- Understand your audience’s attitudes, characteristics, and emotions.
- Audit your current brand voice.
- Review your brand voice regularly to ensure consistency and integrated marketing communication.
Strategy #2 Create and Share Relevant and Customized Content
A study by the Content Marketing Institute (CMI) revealed that 58 percent of the world’s marketers spent more money on the creation of content in the year 2018. Similarly, another research by the State of Inbound report mentioned that 53 percent of marketers considered content creation a topmost priority.
Therefore, these studies prove that content is still the king and plays a critical role in attracting and educating your target audience. Besides this, informative and relevant content is a valuable asset for your business because it lets you create brand awareness and establish credible relationships with your customers.
However, many companies still find it challenging to implement an effective content marketing strategy. Research conducted by Zazzle Media shows some of the top content marketing challenges that a company has faced.
Are you looking to overcome the above-mentioned content marketing challenges? Below are a handful of tricks that can help you ace your content marketing game for strengthening online visibility and brand awareness.
- Understand on which stage of the buyer’s journey your audience stands, and provide content accordingly.
- Make sure that the content on your website and social media is relevant and up-to-date.
- Test out different types of content items, such as webinars, infographics, and customer testimonial videos.
- Leverage analytics in guiding your content marketing plan.
Strategy #3 Optimize Your Content for SEO
We’ve often heard marketing experts call SEO an indispensable part of a company’s digital marketing strategy. This is because it is a valuable tool for building brand awareness and increasing your online visibility.
Besides this, SEO helps your brand position itself as an authoritative and credible expert in your field. This means that SEO optimized content increases the chances of making your audience land on your website first, thus knowing your product offerings before other alternatives. And that’s why SEO is one of the hottest digital marketing trends that you should consider in 2020.
Now that you know that SEO should be an essential part of your digital marketing plan, let’s have a look at some of the simple yet amazing SEO tips and tricks that can help you stay ahead of the curve:
- Conduct thorough keyword research to ensure higher search volumes.
- Use keywords effectively, and let them appear naturally in your content.
- Don’t forget to add titles and subtitles in your content for better user experience, enhanced readability, and, consequently, higher search engine rankings.
- One of the best practices is to rank for featured snippets for higher click-through rates and web traffic.
- Add related outbound and internal links for better relevancy.
Strategy #4 Invest in Professional Logo Design
It is a known fact that your company’s logo is a point of identification and plays a crucial role in establishing brand awareness. This is because the sight of your logo reminds your audience about your products, services, and your brand message.
Apart from this, your logo fosters brand loyalty as your customers become familiar with it. Therefore, you need to pay a lot of attention to your company’s logo design because a poorly designed one can turn your customers away.
The best way out is to hire a reputable logo design company as it has people who design logos professionally and as per your requirements. This helps establish brand awareness and results in higher brand equity.
Strategy #5 Leverage Social Media Marketing
A study conducted by the Digital Information World revealed that the average daily time spent on social media is 142 minutes a day. With so many people using social media every day, integrating it into the overall marketing plan has become a significant part of a business’s success.
Similarly, another research by LinkedIn discovered that 81 percent of all small and medium businesses use some social media platforms. The reason is that social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube, help in creating brand awareness and establishing online presence effectively. Beyond that, they allow you to engage your audience and find out what they are saying about your products.
Nonetheless, due to the frequent social media updates and feature additions, leveraging social media for improved brand awareness can be challenging. But don’t you worry, we’ve curated a few powerful social media marketing tips that can do the magic:
- Research conducted by Scoop It demonstrated that 80 percent of B2B content marketing assets are gated. This means that by posting gated content, like whitepapers and eBooks on social media, you can attract quality leads and build lasting relationships with them over time.
- A study by Outgrow indicated that social media contests have a 34 percent conversion rate, which is higher compared to other content items. Thus, if you’re looking to increase your online visibility and amplify reach, you should conduct a social media contest right away.
- Last but the most important one, add social share buttons on your website as this allows your website visitors to share your content on their Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, or other platforms. Thus, improving word of mouth for your business and creating brand awareness.
Strategy #6 Collaborate with Industry-Relevant Influencers
Research conducted by Tomoson exhibited that 22 percent of marketers stated that influencer marketing is one of the most cost-effective methods of obtaining new customers.
This is because influencer marketing is a powerful way of building credibility among the target audience and strengthening brand image. So, if you’re looking to enhance your online visibility and stand out from the competition, you should incorporate influencer marketing into your digital marketing plan.
The Bottom Line
All said and done, it is essential to note that increasing online visibility and brand awareness is not easy and requires a lot of patience and hard work, mainly due to the ever-growing competition. So, if you’re looking to make your brand recognizable in the eyes of your target customers, try out the above-mentioned strategies and figure out what works best for the audience that you’re trying to reach out to.