Last Updated on July 1, 2021
SEO is the core strength of ranking a website and keeping it at the top of SERPs.
While a lot of digital marketing agencies offer SEO services, they don’t provide them all. White Label is a B2B service.
Technical SEO not your cup of tea? Or just SEO in general? Well, read on to know how you can still provide them as a service.
What is White Label SEO?
White Labelling means providing services to your clients under your brand name, but a white label agency fulfills these services. It is outsourcing work that your agency doesn’t have the means, time, or experience to do to another agency. Your clients still receive work done under your brand name.
Why Does Your Brand Need White Label SEO?
Whether you are a big media agency or a new digital marketing agency, building an in-house SEO team can be challenging. A white Label agency can equip your brand with quality backlinks, technical SEO, and fresh content creation. You can expand your SEO service offerings without needing to hire new employees.
Your brand can provide larger SEO fulfilments to clients than your competitors with a White Label SEO agency. With White Label SEO, you can give detailed metric reports to your clients under your brand name. White Label SEO services can help you do more for your clients without impacting your deadlines.
How does a White Label Partnership work?
Various partnerships have different terms. Similarly, White Label SEO services can be worked in multiple ways.
“Well, the way your agency and a white label SEO provider work together depends on who you choose as your provider, the type of partnership you strike, and the types of SEO services you need to be fulfilled.”
Account Management and Client Relationship
While the decision is made to partner with a White Label Agency, all account management, and client-facing work is usually handled by your company. In comparison, the White Label SEO provider will manage all other deliverables and SEO campaign optimizations.
While in other partnerships, account management, and client relationships can be handled by the White Label SEO agency. This means that they will interact with your clients on your behalf. They are then added to your agency for SEO.
This is a beneficial setup, given that your company will appear to be an SEO specialist without actually paying or hiring one in-house.
Customers often want to explore SEO as a marketing channel. Your agency may not guarantee expertise and sell SEO to them.
Here is where a White Label SEO agency comes in. They provide you and your clients with case studies, pitch decks, market research, all of this branded with your company’s name. They might even join conference calls to help you close your sale.
Partnership or services
You get to choose what kind of partnership you are looking for. While many White Label agencies offer all services under SEO, some only offer part of them.
Your agency will have to decide which is more beneficial and what your needs are, whether a complete SEO suite makes sense for your brand or just a few services.
Benefits of White Label SEO
The question now arises: should your agency hire another White Label agency or hire an in-house team?
A well-experienced SEO specialist can cost your agency anything around 50-60 K a month. If your agency has set processes to support an in-house team, you should go for it. This depends on what your current relationship is with SEO. Do you have well-defined deliverables? What are your desires as a business owner? What business opportunities do you see with an in-house expert?
If you have set processes and a big book of business, hiring in-house makes more sense. Whereas, if you are looking to cut costs and downsize, the White Label is the perfect solution.
There are benefits of hiring a White Label Agency, though what you choose for your business will totally depend on your business’s needs.
A few known benefits of White Label SEO
- Always deliver without putting in any effort — When you partner with a White Label SEO, you learn new processes and a set of deliverables. White Label agencies have their SEO documents and checklists to scale growth and understand the optimization process.
- Your agency can benefit from these well ironed out processes, which you don’t have to build yourself and put in time and energy into.
- Scale and add new SEO clients — A White label agency’s cost and your margins for-profits are aligned because a good White Label provider understands that margins always have to make sense. As more clients are added for SEO to your list, you will understand what your gross margins will be.
- With the addition of White Label SEO, not only do you gain an understanding of the margins, but you also can scale quicker than when you hire and train a new employee. Since most SEOs are constantly hiring and training, you can add more clients as they come.
- Provide existing clients with your new SEO services — You can approach your existing clients whom you provide other services such as socials, web design, etc. you can now offer SEO services as well.
Difference between SEO Reseller and White Label SEO
SEO reselling is a solution that provides only services of the said product. They don’t provide reports, training or don’t educate you or your client on the service.
The main difference between a White Label agency and SEO resellers are :
- Support and learning: When you are new to SEO and have no understanding of how it works, you might need to be educated on it. Resellers don’t provide any such guidance or a learning process that can make you familiar with SEO processes.
- Strategy: An SEO reseller has definite products, and when you access their service, those products don’t include a customized strategy for your business. White Label agencies create a plan specifically tailored to meet your SEO demands. If your company doesn’t require a strategy-based approach, then a reseller will be a better option.
- Access to a team: A White Label agency usually gives you access to a project coordinator and an account manager. They work with an internal team of SEO experts and help you communicate with your client and create new opportunities.
How To Choose A White Label Seo Agency?
With so many options available, it is a difficult choice to make. You can look for the following points to hire an agency to get the best results.
Choose an agency that only provides White Label Services
When an agency specializes only in one product, they have better processes than agencies that offer many services. Agencies that only provide White Label services will also charge less as their processes are so well ironed out that it takes less time and effort to do the same tasks as an agency that provides many services.
Know their campaign processes
Before you hire an agency, ask for a demo or book a sales call to understand their processes. Know the deliverables and the communication process. A better understanding of these processes will help you gain more insight if they are a good fit for your client’s needs.
Meet the Team
Know the people you are working with. Know everyone on the team, the strategist, the sales rep, the support provider, etc. When you hire a While Label agency, you usually want SEO services and the support that comes with it.
Deliverables: What Will You and Your Client Receive
Deeply understand what you and your clients will see. Where and which pages’ access will be granted and how the reporting is done. These are fundamental questions you should ask before you hire an agency.
What to expect from a White Label SEO Agency working for your clients
- SEO strategy: A good White Label agency will look into your competition and build an SEO strategy that is specially customized for your brand. While hiring an agency, ask a lot of questions. How the processes are done, what kind of reports you will receive, what sort of campaigns your brands will need, and so on.
- On-page optimization: Meta tags, title tags, technical SEO, and on-page SEO optimization should be provided. This in addition to an in-depth optimization process that can track results for growth.
- Link building: Link building is one of the most significant factors of ranking on SERPs. A good agency will build quality links through citations, or contact website owners, or even invest in an outreach campaign to promote your website across the internet.
- Content and support: Different agencies have a different approaches when it comes to content. Many agencies provide a definite amount of content while others create a whole marketing plan and create consistent content. The agency will also offer support regarding existing content, if it needs improvement and how well they can optimize it.
- Clear communication: clear communication is as crucial as it gets. You want an agency to be transparent with goals and objectives and know who is on the team and what deliverables each one has.
White Label SEO is a potent and helpful tool for new digital and old digital agencies looking to expand their services.
SEO takes a lot of time and expertise to follow through. Instead of learning such a long and tedious process, you can hand it over to an expert.
According to his team, Semil Shah can take any digital marketing profile to the next level. With over 15 years of experience in the SEO world, he is a certified SEO specialist, who mainly focuses on growing businesses. He is the Chief Marketer at Shrushti Digital Marketing. In his free time, you will catch him either listening to podcasts or trekking in the jungle clicking some really cool pictures.